Wednesday, May 5, 2021

I am a Poem

 



A new day beckoned and I awoke

With a dream to write a poem

When the new day spoke:


"I am a poem", said the day.

"I will be a sonnet to your soul

If you choose to listen on your way."


"A scent of lilacs and freshly mowed grass

If you choose to breathe deeply

And not let the moments pass."


"A masterpiece of flowering trees

Shared with you for a fleeting moment

Before the petals dance to the ground on the breeze."


"Like fragrant snowflakes filling the air

And creating a carpet of pink

Placed by God with tender care."


"Live fully each moment of me

With gratitude for your every breath

And you will truly see"


"I am filled with new mercies and unending love

Peace and hope for today

From your ever-present Father above."


"My gifts to you are a reminder that God will never fail

Joy comes in the morning

....Be still and exhale."


"And when night begins to wrap you in darkness

I am a poem written upon your heart

poignant memories that whisper in the quietness."


"Every word, every line;

Some filled with sorrow, some with joy

Each one a testimony to God's peace sublime."



"I am a poem", said the day.

"Will you read me?"



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a Poem

  A new day beckoned and I awoke With a dream to write a poem When the new day spoke: "I am a poem", said the day. "I will be...