Saturday, July 15, 2017

And the results are in......or going to Plan C

I sat in my sunroom, waiting for the phone to ring, letting me know what those awesome machines have found. Finally I received the call from my nurse navigator, Amy. She opened my results as we chatted. Moments passed as the computer froze up and she had to reboot. In desperation she went to another computer and tried another pathway into my results. Meanwhile my heart was pounding, I could hardly breath. I leaned my head back and said a prayer.

Finally the computer cooperated and we were in business. The news was a little good and a little bad, unfortunately. On the wonderful note, I DID receive my NED from my brain MRI! This is the best news of the year. The four spots previously seen have been resolved. I breath a huge sigh of relief knowing that at this time, my brain is free from cancer. Thank You God!!!!! This makes me smile.

However, some nodules in my lungs have grown and smaller ones have formed - all this since November. An area of bone has gotten better but another area has gotten worse. There are a smattering of other suspicious spots in that general area. Clearly, the Tarceva is losing it's effectiveness. SIGH.

I really really hoped to be on Tarceva for many years....and even get to the place of not needing it at all.....as we talked about in my last doctor appointment. But this is not to be my story. Thursday I will meet with Dr. Oyer to talk about the next treatment plan. First line of treatment got me 17 months of good health. Who knows what the next will do? Possibly many more.

I have not lost hope. There are a number of newer drugs that I can take as well as immunotherapy and finally chemo. AND, Tarceva was not my healer. Drugs and immunotherapy and chemo are not my healer. GOD is my Healer. I'm looking to Him for guidance. His Presence is life to my bones and healing to all my flesh.

This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. Oh sure, the tears are once again close to the surface. But I will continue to love, do life, pull weeds, float in my pool, make coffee, babysit my grands, laugh.

Thank you to those who have prayed for us this past year and a half! Please continue to speak to God on our behalf :-). I don't know how I would have made it without your support. We are asking God for complete wholeness, that the cancer is rebuked in Jesus name, for wisdom for Dr. Oyer and us, for financial provision. For PEACE in the journey. For a heart that looks outward from my pain and says, "God, how can I be Your ambassador today?" After all, isn't that what life is all about?

6 comments:

  1. Praying for His Peace and strength to carry you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy I am sending you hugs right now. I am thanking the Lord for the victorious parts and grateful that Tarceva did help so much, and asking God for one of the newer medications to finish the job! I believe that God has much more for you to do and am claiming that promise in I Peter 5:7. He cares for you, let us cast our cares upon Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much,Cindy. I'm casting....again and again....knowing that His mercies are new every morinng.

      Delete
  3. God has plans for you Nancy! Continue to fight,seek him and share your journey!! You encourage so many (including me)! I was reading Psalms 3 today, and the Lord brought you to my mind...But you, Lord, are a shield around me,
    my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
    4 I call out to the Lord,
    and he answers me from his holy mountain.
    5 I lie down and sleep;
    I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. Praying for You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Sharon! Thank you for writing! I finally know who you are :-) thanks to a mutual friend. I have prayed for you during some of your most difficult trials. You certainly have walked through hills and valleys.... Thank you so much for reaching out to me. May God continue to sustain both of us as we walk this pathway to heaven.

      Delete

I am a Poem

  A new day beckoned and I awoke With a dream to write a poem When the new day spoke: "I am a poem", said the day. "I will be...