Wednesday, April 4, 2018

pre-scan fog

I come to my usual meeting place with God this morning, coffee in hand. Dawn is gradually spreading it's soft light across the little corner of my world. Curled up on my couch, wrapped in a blanket, I look out the windows to see a haze of light grey.

Fog. It hinders my view of what's just beyond my windows.

Most of our lives are lived in the fog....the haze of an unclear future. Like the fog this morning that hinders my view of what I know is out there, fog covers much of our future. We may pretend to have it all planned out but we only see through a glass darkly. So much of tomorrow is beyond our limited control. But because I have looked at the meadow beyond my sanctuary so many times, I know that a lovely, peaceful meadow is out there even though I currently can't see it with my eyes. I know that the delightful stream is there, the blue heron sitting on the bank. I don't worry that when the fog lifts I will see destruction, emptiness, a meadow torn apart by a raging river, trees toppled over, the grass and bushes parched brown, dead.

But, when I face the fog of my future, I confess that it's too easy for me to picture just that! As the scan approaches, the time when what is going on in my body will become clear, it is simply in my flesh nature to picture destruction and death. Worries about what may be next for me on this journey are knocking on the door of my mind daily. But God! God in His great mercy has given me glimpses of life and greenness and vitality and spring. Even the fog is pulsing with a peace that I can't explain. His Spirit whispers, "All will be well."

The immediate future of today is filled with so many blessings...
THIS is the day the LORD has made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it.

The future of next week, next month, next year are unknown. But I will trust God. I will be grateful for the blessings He provides of family, friends, peace, ABUNDANT REDEMPTION....


"Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand. But I know WHO holds tomorrow and I know WHO holds my hand."

The eternal future is as clear as the brightest of days. This future will be filled with the unhindered presence of GOD who loves us more than we can imagine. This I know though I have not seen. This knowledge will give me strength for the intermediate foggy future....


"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a KNOWN GOD."
-Corrie ten Boom


The fog has now lifted. Light has revealed what I knew was there - the peaceful meadow, gentle stream, spring budding on the trees. Someday all fogginess will disappear forever. In the meantime will you join me with thankfulness in this foggy journey?



2 comments:

  1. I’m praying for you and will continue to pray for you. Your word resonate with me as I rethink my life through by the lens of truer reality that none of us are promised tomorrow but we will always have our loving God as we trust in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, yet another blog that speaks to me, not the troubles that face you. Thank you for answering God's call to start your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I am a Poem

  A new day beckoned and I awoke With a dream to write a poem When the new day spoke: "I am a poem", said the day. "I will be...