Friday, June 3, 2016

a report and a commercial :-)

Once again, I'm perched on the sofa in my sunroom. If I close my eyes, the sound that envelops me is much like a You Tube video that I listen to as I fall asleep....filled with gentle rain and the melodic song of birds. Two cardinals were sitting on a branch and giving their feathers a nice fluff, as if allowing the rain to cleanse and freshen. This is what the rain of the Holy Spirit can do in our spirits! I want to begin...and end....and live each moment of my day, actually....with an awareness of the gentle rain of the Holy Spirit bringing healing, cleansing and hope to my spirit, soul AND body. He REIGNS over my life. He RAINS over my life.

I saw Dr. Oyer yesterday. It was a blessing to have my daughter come with me. I wanted them to meet her and for her to meet this team of professionals who have helped me so much in this journey. And it was an encouraging visit!!! He said that I'm in PARTIAL REMISSION. Rarely do patients with my diagnosis reach full remission. But, with God all things are possible. Miracles DO still happen. But just reaching this stage is a miracle in itself and I am extremely grateful. I'm thankful to God for His provision and peace and guidance and for giving knowledge to researchers to develop these new medications that can extend many many lives. I've been encouraged to view myself as having a "chronic" illness...much like a diabetic who can extend her life with medication. This change of thinking from the typical thoughts of cancer, has been vital to my emotional healing. I finally had the courage to look at my chest x-rays and see the amazing progress. Thank YOU for your prayers and support. Jerry and I continue to pray for each one who prays for us. May God fill your lives with blessings!

I've been encouraged to "go, live your life". And so I am. Last weekend was filled to the brim with family and hugs and love and laughter. I walked and played games and slept in a camper :-O and held babies. I ate ice cream and waffles and fresh fish from the local stream. I was told over and over again that I am loved. Those hugs just filled my love tank to overflowing. THANK YOU to each one who poured blessings into my life!!! This journal page was born out of that gratefulness. Why, oh why, are we so hesitant to tell people that we love them? Let's be generous people, in WORDS and deeds!!! Not stingy with our words of love and affirmation. Don't wait till someone you love is diagnosed with cancer to tell them how much they mean to you!
"A generous person will prosper;
whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."
Proverbs 11:25

And now for the commercial....
Worship and music have been a HUGE part of my life! I have been involved with music ministry 45 out of my 57 years. And have the privilege of being on the worship team at Gap Community Church. However, since my diagnosis, I've only been on the stage once...right before I became sick with the virus. It's been a long journey back - but I'm finally going to be singing this Sunday!!! What a warm reception I received as I walked into practice. Home where I belong. The songs that were chosen reflect so clearly the path that I've been on. The authors have put into words and music what I've written about these past few months. I can sing "The Rock Won't Move" with power; "Nailed to the Cross" with thankfulness; "No Longer Slaves" with peace and "We Will Not Be Shaken" with confidence. Would you like to join us? Our service will be streaming live at 10:15 EST on Sunday morning. You can find us at gapcommunity.church . We will be beginning a series on the book of Psalms...one of my favorite and most powerful books! I would be honored to know that you are with us as we worship and declare God's goodness and lovingkindness.

May His peace surround you today as you allow the Holy Spirit to REIGN/RAIN over your life.




6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Nancy for this blog you have been doing, it has brought tears to my eyes & has helped me smile from memories past. I miss you all so much & you are in my thoughts and prayers as I remember the way our children always played together & those were the best times of my life when I had so many supportive people in my life, I am so thankful for you and your entire family & I am praying for His best for you. I love you all... Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eyes are brimming with joyful tears of love and excitement for you. So happy you are singing again. So excited you are feeling like you get to play again with life. I do love you. I am still praying for that complete remission. God can do that. Have fun this weekend in your praise and worship. So much to be grateful for....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so wonderful to hear your great news. Your reflection of His love is full of hope and inspiration. Others will once again be blessed as you proclaim His healing and power that is undeniable when you have walk the path with Him as your strength. I will continue to pray for your complete healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Mortals give far too much power to things beyond their control (toxic people, disease, etc) than those things deserve, when they are all God's to use to refine us and show His power and glory. I agree, Nancy-- let us all LIVE and radiate joy in every blessing. Will keep lifting you up in prayer and I am excited God is letting you continue to use one of your many gifts. No one will probably enjoy worship more than you on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete

I am a Poem

  A new day beckoned and I awoke With a dream to write a poem When the new day spoke: "I am a poem", said the day. "I will be...