Sunday, May 15, 2016

Turning a corner!

It's a blustery Sunday evening here in Pennsylvania. The sun and shadows are spreading across the meadow....the birds are trying to stay on the feeders as they sway in the wind. The springtime leaves are glistening like diamonds as the wind brushes by them. Inside my sunroom, peace reigns. It's time to chat with you, my unseen friends, once again!

As I wrote previously, last week was difficult emotionally. It felt as if I was going from potential crises to potential crises. As soon as one issue was resolved, another one popped up to take it's place in my fearful mind. This is not how God wants me to live. I know that! God used the comforting words and care of a friend to help me peek around the corner from fear to peace.

A few days later I stuck a foot around the same corner as I met with the counselor. Again I was reminded that this journey is something that I need to accept and walk out daily. She kindly and oh so subtly said that I must have a "strong connection between my mind and body". A nice way of saying that my worries have been causing me to feel symptoms :-)! So true!

We are so surrounded by prayer support and love! Because of that, I believe, my hands grabbed the corner and pulled the rest of me around. I have turned the corner. Thank you, dear friends! With God's help I have been able to begin to EXPECT to feel good and strong. God is so good and patient and has given me strength for this task. He gives YOU strength for whatever task is set before you. It may not be what you would have chosen. Ok. It's no news flash that life does not always go the way we want or expect. But I have to believe that God is with us and is helping us each step of the way.

For now, I am feeling very well. I still have a bit of pressure that is a reminder of my diagnosis. But my prognosis is GOOD. This is what I'm setting my mind on. I have strength and joy and PEACE. I long for my face to reflect this, my life to show God's faithfulness. Do I know what tomorrow will bring? No. But none of us do. With God's help, we can pluck our worries about tomorrow from today and place them in the future out of sight where they belong, where God's strength will be. His power and help is for the here and now. This is where we live. This is where life happens....in the precious NOW moments of love and food and graduations and family and laughter and worship and celebrations.

Be anxious for NOTHING but in everything by prayer and supplication (the action of asking or begging for something earnestly or humbly) with THANKSGIVING let your requests be made known to God. And the PEACE OF GOD which surpasses ALL comprehension will GUARD your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil. 4:6,7

These are not just pretty words, my friends. They are truth. I want to live this truth. Today. God will take care of our tomorrows.















1 comment:

  1. We give your social media presence a purpose and deliver experiences that encourage genuine advocacy while minimising potential risks.
    Digital Marketing Agency india, PR Companies, Graphics Designing, Web Development Companies

    ReplyDelete

I am a Poem

  A new day beckoned and I awoke With a dream to write a poem When the new day spoke: "I am a poem", said the day. "I will be...