Wednesday, April 20, 2016

To Be Enveloped!

Hello, friend, from my warm sunroom. My diffuser is putting powerful frankincense in the air and I'm sipping a soda to just sooth my stomach a bit. This week has been a real eye opener...ever since I made my bold proclamation last time about the season of rejoicing :-). It's become clear to me that, in spite of my many glorious words and confessions throughout my life, when push comes to shove, I am naturally fearful. My faith is weak and I'm a frail human. No big news flash there!

With my husband out of town I've had more alone time than usual. And I've had "successful" moments of praise and song and prayer. I've felt free to just belt out an old Sunday School song on joy or loudly declare to the evil forces around that I will not embrace their lies or simply cry and cry like a hurting child in the arms of her loving parent. These days have been filled with a peaceful trip to the beach with my daughter, times with my sister and a sweet visit from my daughters and grands. Many precious ones have checked up on me. All of that helps. But this burden is mine and no one can carry it for me. Jesus says, "come to me all who are weary and heavy laden (burdened) and I WILL give you rest". I'm seeking that rest.

You'd think that I'd be easily rejoicing since just last week I got a good prognosis from Dr. Oyer!!! What's up with that? BUT, daily, many times daily, the question flashes through my mind....what if the Tarceva stops working? And I'm so aware of each little discomfort and I wonder if I'm having trouble breathing again, etc. Potentially, I could be wondering all of these things for many months, years. But I don't think it's God's best for me to be consumed by these questions. They are stealing my joy and peace. This is not the path God has for me...for any of us. There has to be a better way.

And so I'm fighting the good fight of faith. I'm declaring the Scriptures that I feel God put His finger on just for me. I'm singing songs of faith and deliverance. I'm resisting the devil and his attacks on my mind. I'm trusting that God's peace which transcends ALL understanding can and will keep my heart and mind IN Christ Jesus. Truth be told, that peace is available no matter what circumstances we find ourselves in. This is a gift because we are children of the Most High God....the God above all and NOTHING can separate us from His love. Ok, I'm declaring again :-). At times like these, it's so helpful to know ....and believe...God's Word! "I believe, help Thou my unbelief!".

I love words and definitions. My word for today is ENVELOP. A friend has been praying that God would envelop me in His healing and hope and mercy. She also told me that envelop means to mount an attack on an enemies flank. So she's praying that God would mount an attack on my enemies flank! Thank you, Lin!

Can we pray that for each other? Who of us doesn't need help with the fight against the enemy of our souls...the one who is seeking whom he may devour? I know I do! Who of us doesn't need to be completely covered, wrapped up, surrounded, bundled in God's care. Remember the way babies are bundled up these days? Completely swaddled and held tightly by the warm, soft blanket. This picture makes me smile. This is how God bundles...envelops...us in His love. Yes, and amen.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome words Nancy, we will keep you lifted up and bring up the rear helping the attack...God Bless

    ReplyDelete

I am a Poem

  A new day beckoned and I awoke With a dream to write a poem When the new day spoke: "I am a poem", said the day. "I will be...