Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Diagnosis

Dear Friends....
this will not be a long post with well thought out words and stories.....
But I just want to share with you who have been praying for us on this journey what we found out today.

I have been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer....because it has spread to a few other spots.  This is not happy news.  BUT, there is hope!  The team thinks that I most likely have the type of atypical lung cancer that is "easily" treated with an oral pill.  THIS is my hope.

First I must have a brain MRI to confirm that the cancer has not spread there.  Of course, I will be glad to get confirmation that all is well with my brain (yes, as much as possible!).

Secondly, I will have a lung biopsy.  This does not sound like a happy procedure. My sons and husband have been offering to do it for me with their drills, etc.  How thoughtful ;-). But this will let us know exactly what type of cancer this is.  My prayer is that it's what they expect.

They have told me that my part is to stay positive, eat right, exercise and "communicate, communicate, communicate".  I told them about my new blog and feel like this is a good fit for me to share my updates as well as my ramblings :-).

Tonight my heart is thankful and full.  My precious family (except for our loved police officer) came and filled our home with love and laughter and babies.  My prayer remains to honor God with all that I am and all that He has given me. Thank you SO much to all who have whispered my name in your prayers and carried us with your concern and love.

Psalm 20:1,4 - "May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob set you securely on high! May He grant you your heart's desire, And fulfill all your counsel!"   This is my prayer for you....for us all.


5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hug you. I hope some how I get to see you soon. Singing is not the same without you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear LeeAnne, I have hopes of joining the singing again in a few weeks if all goes well. Thus is my plea.

      Delete
  2. Prayed for you today as I passed Black Rock, as I have been doing since your first post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good news. Prayers that it will be as you said. God is good always. Read this in a devotional from Tim Timmons, a cancer survivor, " in this battle you are good, you are good even in the struggles I have never understood. Joy or pain still my life will say you are God and you are good. So I'll pray with you not that I have to but that I may. We woke up to a good God today. We woke up."

    ReplyDelete

I am a Poem

  A new day beckoned and I awoke With a dream to write a poem When the new day spoke: "I am a poem", said the day. "I will be...